Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Celebrity lifelessons

Bob Hoskins life lessons

The testimony of many is that he was a loving and family oriented person. She wrote: “The loss of my dad has broken my heart, but these are the words I’ll keep close to me forever.” Explaining the advice had been “tailor-made” for her, she added: “They are his words; the words spoken so often to encourage, comfort and
reassure.”Hoskins’ words of wisdom include instructions to
  • “laugh long and loud”,
  • to “be yourself” and
  • to “never, ever, ever, ever give up.”
  • He also told his family to appreciate beauty,
  • to be “generous and kind, because you can’t take it with you”,
  • and to “love with all your heart”. “In the end, love is the only
    thing that matters,” he had said.

estranged from parents

Celebrities

Former child star Macaulay Culkin

legally emancipated himself from his father Kit Culkin in 1997 – the two
have been estranged ever since – his brother Kieran (also an actor)
followed suit shortly after. His father has recently come out imploring
his son to get help after it was rumoured that Macaulay was addicted to
heroin and only has a short time to live.

Early last year Lindsay Lohan’s

mum, Dina, confessed that Lindsay was no longer on speaking terms with
her father Michael. Lindsay went on to reveal that the reason why they
became estranged is because Michael would not stop talking about her. “I
am sorry that my father has continually chosen to speak publicly about
our relationship, my mother, my siblings, and my professional team. I am
working through my recovery day-by-day and find his public media bouts
unnecessary and damaging,” she stated.

Adele’s

father Mark Evans walked out on the future Grammy winner and her mother
when she was just two. He recently confessed his regret, revealing,
“It’s too painful. There’s so much regret on my part – regret that I
wasn’t a better father to her. I let her down badly, and I wish I could
turn the clock back and do things differently.”

Angelina Jolie’s

real-life father Jon Voight may have played her dad in the hit flick
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, but the two became estranged, until Ange phoned
her father following the death of her mother in 2007. When Jon found out
about the brunette beauty’s plans to marry Brad Pitt, he proclaimed, “It
was very nice I thought. If they are happy – if they’re going to have a
wedding – it’s wonderful.”

Jennifer Aniston

was estranged from her mother, Nancy Down, for more than a decade after
she gave a revealing interview about their relationship in 1996. The
former Friends star reportedly called her mother and told her she’d
never forgive her for betraying her trust. Nancy’s 1999 book, From
Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir, didn’t make things any better,
but Jen’s divorce from Brad Pitt in 2005 reunited the mother daughter
duo. “Yeah, it’s been really nice,” she revealed of the reconciliation
after nine years of estrangement.

Kate Hudson

has admitted that she calls Kurt Russell (mum Goldie Hawn’s long-time
partner), ‘pa’ and doesn’t speak to her biological father, musician Bill
Hudson, much. She once confessed, “[Bill Hudson] doesn’t know me from a
hole in the wall. But I don’t care. I have a dad [Russell]. The bottom
line is, you call your kids on their f**king birthday. I’m glad I had
a dad who was there on my birthday”

Meg Ryan

has been estranged from her mother, Susan Jordan, since the late 1980’s.
The film star’s relationship with her mum was already strained after
Susan left Meg’s father in 1976, but when she became openly critical of
Meg’s first husband, Dennis Quaid, Meg didn’t invite her to the wedding
and cut her out of her life. In 1993, her mother confessed that her
daughter hadn’t spoken a word to her in three years, revealing, “I wish
there would be forgiveness. To be frank, I pray for it. It’s a painful
business to be estranged from your child.”

Christina Aguilera

has claimed that she was emotionally and physically abused by her
estranged father Fausto, but has recently admitted that she would
consider reconciling. The singer confessed, “I’ve talked about how rough
things were for me and I’m sure he’s heard it. He can’t be thrilled
about it. So maybe one day we can do lunch… I’m 31 years old now.
Maybe it’s time.”

Born into a family of famous actors, Drew Barrymore

was forced to emancipate herself from her mother when she was just 17
years old. Drew’s dad, John Barrymore, had essentially abandoned her by
then. “He was such a flighty bird – unattainable and off doing his own
thing.” Drew revealed in 2009. “I’m sure it’s affected my relationships
with men. I’m sure I’m sadder about it than I admit, but I accept that a
lot easier than my mother’s and my relationship, which is more
tumultuous.”

No comments:

Post a Comment